Re: Modifying Records

Rod Greene

I've checked several of the records with JJ00aa and none of them have Latitude and Longitude. And no, I do not have the original file that I imported. It was several months ago that I made the import.

Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc

On Thursday, December 12, 2019, 4:28:52 PM MST, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I've got a lot of records with an incorrect grid square in my DXK log. This incorrect grid square happened, I think, due to the way I exported from my old log or something I did not set correctly on import. Anyway, I want to get rid of the incorrect grid square and put in something that would indicate a grid square was not recorded. The incorrect grid square value is "JJ00aa".

So my question is this good thinking? ie, put in something in the Grid Square field that would indicate a grid was not recorded...
Second question if the above question is answered yes, then what is my process?

I already have a SQL filter to select all the bad grid square records.

From the documentation and the "DXKeeper Advanced Sorts, Filters & Modifiers" page, it looks like the change-to field should just be left blank.

I tested that modifier change and it seemed to work okay, but before I change >95,000 records I'd like to have some affirmation that is a good procedure.

+ Clearing the Grid item is certainly an improvement over leaving it set to a known-erroneous value. But before you do that, it might be possible to obtain the correct grid square. Do the QSOs with an incorrect grid square specify a latitude and longitude?

+ How long ago did you import the ADIF file from your "old log"? Do you still have that file?