Re: Can DXVi Pass Precisely the Spots Surviving SC's Filters to the Map?

Russ Ravella

Got it.  Thanks!

On Dec 10, 2019, at 10:54 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 09:17 PM, Russ Ravella wrote:

I have JTAlert set to pass decodes (FT8 in the current case) as spots to SC.  I have an SQL filter in SC that passes spots from NA of everything that's not in NA, and decodes from JTAlert that match a specific EXPedition callsign list all with age < 1hr.  Following your documentation, this works perfectly.

I would like to plot on DX Atlas just these surviving spots.  Attempting to use the filters in DXV to do this, I seem to only be able to plot ALL the FT8 spots and the entire JTAlert FT8 decode stream (including those not on the DXPedition call list) or NO FT8 decodes of either.   The former results in a large flow of FT8 decodes as plots I don't want to see.  The later filters out the network FT8 spots which I would like to see plus the DXPetition calls.  I'm throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Is there a way to set DXV to plot precisely the spots displayed in SC?

+ There isn't. To facilitate the frequent updates required to accurately depict the positions of the sun and solar terminator on its built-in world map using a single graphics layer, DXView currently maintains "active station" information in an in-memory data structure rather than in a database; as a result, the world map display can't be filtered by an SQL expression.