Re: Port # for VE7CC-1

Jim N7US

I use ve7cc.net  port 23 for VE7CC-1 telnet node.

I use VE7CC’s free CC User program to set up node filtering for different purposes, using different SSID numbers (e.g., N7US, N7US-20, etc.), then I shut CC User down and connect to the node directly from Spot Collector.

I understand that Dave likes to receive unfiltered spots from nodes and filter with Spot Collector, but my internet connection is not robust, and I use the different SSID profiles with N1MM+ too.

For example, N7US-20 is for CW contests, and, particularly specific, is N7US-19, which receives worldwide spots on data for the few countries I need on data.  I connect to VE7CC with that SSID at the same time I connect with a more general profile, N7US, to get spots from K/US without FT8.

The CC User program is free from http://bcdxc.org/ve7cc/ .

Jim N7US

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron KU7Y
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 11:31
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Port # for VE7CC-1

Hi Rob,

Yep, I found the Port number, 7300, on the web site a few minutes ago. Now I need to check to see if using ve7cc.net is the right url for the Hose address in Spot Collector.

Then it will be the job of getting the cluster set up right to only pass "K" and "VE" calls.  :-)

Hope we can met for a cup of coffee one of these days! It's been a long time.

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y

Mountain Home, ID  DN23dc

CW Ops #1211

SKCC #4904

QRP ARCI #8829

SOC #2

Idaho DX Association

Ron@...

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rod Greene via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:19 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Port # for VE7CC-1

Ron, I can look when I get back home. Meantime I think the ve7cc website has that info Rod/w7zrc 

On Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 9:38 AM, Ron KU7Y <Ron@...> wrote:

I have VE7CC.net set as the Hose address and 23 as the Port number in Spot

Collector.

Are these the right settings for VE7CC-1 ?

Thanks,

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y

Mountain Home, ID  DN23dc

CW Ops #1211

SKCC #4904

QRP ARCI #8829

SOC #2

Idaho DX Association

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.