Re: Z6 to YU

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 11:44 PM, Alec SP2EWQ wrote:
be serious, man - Z6 was NEVER Serbia.
Z6 has been either 'NOT VALID FOR DXCC' or 'KOSOVO'.

Read that
http://www.arrl.org/news/assigning-kosovo-z6-call-signs-unauthorized-and-illegal-itu-secretary-general-says
' “ITU has not allocated call sign series Z6 to any of its member states,” Houlin Zhou said. “Consequently, the utilization of call signs series Z6 by any entity without a formal allocation and consent of the ITU represents an unauthorized and illegal usage of this international numbering resource.”
Unquote

Repair that recomputing facility,
please...

+ Z6 callsigns used prior to January 21, 2018 were located in the Kosovo region of the DXCC entity of Serbia. Contacts made with Z6 callsigns prior to January 21, 2018 are not valid for DXCC; it is your responsibility to set the "QSL Rcvd" items of such callsigns to 'I'. Note that contacts with such callsigns prior to January 21, 2018 do count as the Kosovo region of Serbia for CQ awards.

+ A logged QSO that specifies a DXCC Country Code of 296 (Serbia) and a DXCC Prefix of Z6 is inconsistent, and therefore erroneous. DXKeeper's Recompute function will correctly repair such an inconsistency by changing the QSO's DXCC Prefix to be consistent with its Country Code - in this case, by setting the QSO's DXCC Prefix to YU (Serbia). Again, it is your responsibility to set the "QSL Rcvd" items of such callsigns to 'I', since they are invalid for DXCC.