Re: WSJT-X and Commander

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 03:46 PM, g4wjs wrote:

another option is to press the "Monitor" button on the WSJT-X main window before minimizing, that will cease active CAT control until "Monitor" is enabled again by pressing the button. The same procedure is recommended if you briefly wish to QSY to a spot in another mode, e.g. phone or CW, using SpotCollector. Depending on the options chosen in the WSJT-X "Settings->General" panel you can control how WSJT-X recovers when "Monitor" is re-enabled, i.e. it can return to the last monitored frequency automatically if you wish.

I instrumented Commander to display the directives being received from WSJT-X 2.1.2. Whether the WSJT-X Monitor button is active (green) or inactive (gray), WSJT-X continuously directs Commander to report its frequency, mode, and split status. If the radio's Split is enabled, WSJT-X will send Commander "change frequency" directives, whether Monitor is disabled or enabled.

Until Bill G4WJS and I sort out why this is happening, I suggest that WSJT-X be terminated when you are operating in any mode that doesn't employ WSJT-X.