Re: Launcher fails to terminate Commander

Don Inbody AD0K

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 07:05 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
1. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box
+ Done
2. terminate Commander
+Done
3. if there's an errorlog.txt file in your Commander folder, delete it
+ done
4. set you primary transceiver to 7005 in CW
+done
5. direct the Launcher to start Commander
+done.
6. wait until Commander displays your primary transceiver's frequency and mode
+ Done. Commander did display the frequency and mode.
7. direct the Launcher to terminate Commander; based on your description above, I assume that this will succeed
+ Done. Launcher acted like it shut down Commander. The Green light turned red. No indication of multiple attempts to terminate.
However, Commander did not terminate.
It did not respond to changed from the rig, though.
Commander would not respond to any actions in the application, either. It appeared frozen.
I clicked the x to shut it down manually.
It did shut down.
8. direct the Launcher to start Commander
+Done.
9. wait until Commander displays your primary transceiver's frequency and mode
+Done
10. using Commander's Main window, change your primary transceiver's frequency to 7010
+Done. Rig followed Commander
11. direct the Launcher to terminate Commander; based on your description above, I assume that this will not succeed
+Done. Commander shut down as it should.
12. click the X button in the upper-right corner of Commander's Main window
+Not necessary.
13. start Commander
+Done. Commander started normally.
14. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "log debugging info" box
+Done
15. terminate Commander
+Done

16. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com