I was not aware of the "fifth character" rule. It seems the Austrialian authorities since then have
switched to using the fourth, considering many recent DXpeditions such as VK9MA, VK9CZ, VK9NC etc.

Björn

Den fre 18 okt. 2019 kl 17:52 skrev Kurt Ekman <kurre.ekman@...>:

DX-Keeper logs VK9NE as Norfolk.

73,

Kurt OH1NJN

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Dave AA6YQ
Skickat: fredag 18 oktober 2019 18:30
Till: DXLab@groups.io
Ämne: Re: [DXLab] VK9NC not Norfolk?

+ AA6YQ comments below

DXView seems to wrongly consider VK9NC to be Cocos Islands (VK9C). Is it just me?

+ Consistent with Australian policy announced many years ago, DXLab applications use the 5th character of VK9 callsigns to determine whether the station is on Cocos, Lord Howe, Mellish, Norfolk, Willis, or Christmas Island.

+ If VK9NC is on Norfolk Island, its callsign is inconsistent with this policy; you can compensate for this by defining an override:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateEntityOverride>