Trying to understand my error - an inadvertent spot

Mike Flowers

Hi All,

Last night at 0420Z I saw on DXSummit a spot for 6O7O on 7017.   So, I set about preparing to give it a shot.

I changed WinWarbler to CW mode and ran the WW macro to set the K3 on 7010 (my default freq) in CW mode.

I entered 6O7O into the Call field on the WW QSO Info pane and hit Tab.

Then I entered 6O7O into the callsign field in the Search box on DXView.   In DXV, the letters of 6O7O turned red, and I clicked the GO button.

While I was tuning my rig up to 7017 I happened to glance at Spot Collector and saw that there was a spot for 6O7O at 7010 – posted by me!!

That’s all I can recall doing.

My personal protocol is that I do not spot anything I haven’t worked (cuts down on the competition in the pile-ups).

I am wondering how I managed to spot 6O7O – so that I can avoid doing that sort of thing again.

Thanks!