Re: Commander - ICOM 7300 - Waterfall problem

Hello Dave and others - I have successfully connected DXLAB Commander to my computer from my Icom 7300 for everything except the Waterfall screen. The documentation explains that I need to set the baud rate at 115200 (Silicon Labs CP210X) port. However, when I try to bump up the speed from 9600 on the Config tab in Commander, I lose the connection, even though I previously set the port to 115200 on my computer ! Googling, I found this on the Silicon Labs web site:

"Icom radios use the version 6.xxx drivers. Windows update has installed the Universal Windows Driver. This drivers reports a maximum baud rate of 23800 when used with Microsoft .NET", but there is no fix.

Have others been able to overcome this limitation with their 7300's ?

Rick N2AMG wrote:
You need to change the baud rate on the radio and then open Commander and change it there..

+ And for the record, DXLab does not use .NET