Commander - ICOM 7300 - Waterfall problem

Joseph Willis

Hello Dave and others - I have successfully connected DXLAB Commander to my computer from my Icom 7300 for everything except the Waterfall screen.  The documentation explains that I need to set the baud rate at 115200 (Silicon Labs CP210X) port.  However, when I try to bump up the speed from 9600 on the Config tab in Commander, I lose the connection, even though I previously set the port to 115200 on my computer !  Googling, I found this on the Silicon Labs web site:

"Icom radios use the version 6.xxx drivers.  Windows update has installed the Universal Windows Driver.  This drivers reports a maximum baud rate of 23800 when used with Microsoft .NET", but there is no fix.

Have others been able to overcome this limitation with their 7300's ?

Thank you,
VE2CY