From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2019 1:19 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] interoperating with a Satellite tracker

+ AA6YQ comments below

I particularly enjoy the feature set of gpredict. Have a peek here https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpredict/ It has fairly active development having been most recently revised around 5 months ago. It utilizes the Hamlib interface for radio and rotator control. That likely complicates its potential interaction with the DXLab suite but it might be worth a look anyway.

+ In the model that Joe W4TV suggested earlier in this thread, the satellite tracking application would directly control both the transceiver and the AZ/EL rotator, and it would continuously convey the current RX frequency, TX frequency, and Mode to Commander via DDE or UDP or TCP. I'll check to see if gpredict has this ability.

+ Thanks!