Re: Dx lab dxkeeper feature suggestion request

Dave AA6YQ

* More AA6YQ comments below

snip<

Dave, as an alternative to "Sat mode" support for the FT-847, you might want to consider a "SatPC32" transceiver (that would provide a generic satellite support). Two clips from the web site:

Further, the program provides a constantly active DDE interface, which
allows third-party-programs to receive the antenna positions,
frequencies and modes calculated by SatPC32.
The frequency- and mode-control works with the following radios:

Yaesu transceivers FT-736R, FT-847, FT-817, FT-857 and FT-897,

Kenwood transceivers TS-790E/A and TS-2000,

ICOM transceivers IC-820, IC-821, IC-910H und IC-9100,

ICOM receivers and transmitters, that work with the same cat protocol
(i.e. IC-275, IC-475).
DDE documentation <http://www.dk1tb.de/manual_e.htm#RemoteControl> (such as it is) is in the Documents page with demo code in the download.

+ I don't see either DDE documentation or demo code in the URL you've cited.

* I found the DDE documentation further down in the document you cited, and I found the DDE demo in the SatPC32 folder on my Windows 10 test system. SatPC32 will not control either my IC-706 or my IC-7200 -- neither of which is a Satellite radio. The DDE demo says "connected to SatPC32", but "**NO SATELLITE**" -- even though SatPC32 shows AO-73 selected in the upper-left corner of its Main window.

* From what I've seen of its user interface and documentation, SatPC32 looks like a poor choice as the satellite tracker with which DXLab interoperates.