Re: Dx lab dxkeeper feature suggestion request

Bill Pence

I understand, and the radio is old besides...

What I was asking was could dxkeeper auto populate the rx/tx freqs from the last logged qso on this satellite...
This way, once I log a qso on satellite (x), each subsequent qso on that sat gets the "inherited" freq from last time on this sat...

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, 4:26 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I am the satellite op with FT847 trying to get log freq populated in dxkeeper.

I had tried vspe to connect both commander and satpc32 and while both connect, commander does not read the 2 vfo's.  you explained that the 847 did not support reading both vfo. ( curiously, there are posts on #amsat bb that seem to indicate it used to work but...)

+ The use of VSPE to enable both Commander and SatPC32 to simultaneously control your FT-847 is an invalid configuration.

+ Yaesu's FT-847 documentation is ludicrously cryptic. It mentions 3 "read frequency" operations:

1. Read MAIN VFO frequency and mode status

2. Read SAT RX VFO frequency and mode status

3. Read SAT TX VFO frequency and mode status

+ Commander does not currently support the FT-847's "Satellite Mode".  Given the poor documentation, that won't change unless Yaesu loans me a radio for a day or two.