Re: WELCUM ME IN BLUE

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 04:38 PM, <WF3W@...> wrote:

My name Phil, call sign WF3W.

My 1st flush of joy in finding who-needs-HRD has been, sum what, modified.

Trying very hard to figure how scanning between, just, 2 freq can replace scanning a stretch of freq, I xperienced TWO Blue Screens of Death in < 2 minutes.

In their infinite mercy, MS [the "S" does NOT stand for SOFT], left a, surprisingly coherent error msg, if not a complete mystery:

DRVER POWER STATE FAILURE

May I attempt to tempt ur diagnostic skill and xplain why a driver needs power?

+ A device driver may track or manage the power consumption of its associated device.

+ My advice is to

1. check the Windows Event Logs to identify the root cause of the crashes

2. determine which device driver is emitting that message

3. contact the supplier of the device driver to seek technical support

+ See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CheckingWindowsEventLogs>