Re: FT4 questions

Norman Heyen

Hi Bill,

I missed that about the upgrade. I just went to the FT4 section and there wasn't a mention of anything there. A Google search shows different frequencies to use for FT4 than what a reset does.

With the reset, everything is good. I've got a couple of contacts so that must have been the secret.

Thanks to all that responded, the DXLab community is the best!

Norman

On July 30, 2019 at 3:55 PM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

On 30/07/2019 21:50, Martin Lafferty via Groups.Io wrote:
Norman, FT-4 uses a different set of frequencies.  You have to change your mode to FT-4, bring up your frequencies under your settings and do a reset.  That will bring in the FT-4 freq's.  Here is a facebook group that has a big discussion on that and those guys can help if you run into trouble.

Martin W4PNY

Martin,

why would you suggest going to some random facebook group when the required information is on the WSJT-X official web page. I quote (https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html):

"Upgrading from a previous version will be straightforward.  There is no need to uninstall or move any files.  On first startup you may need to reset the default frequencies table to include suggested FT4 frequencies.  Go to File | Settings | Frequencies, right-click in the Working Frequencies list, and select Reset."

Bill

G4WJS.