How to prevent Windows Update from installing driver updates using Registry”.  Should this step be performed as well?

Thanks,
Russ, KR6W

On Jul 20, 2019, at 3:07 PM, w6de <w6de@...> wrote:

Dave, w5sv,  To prevent this from happening in the future disable driver updates in Windows update using group policy.
Instruction are here:
https://pureinfotech.com/exclude-driver-updates-windows-10/
Scroll down to "How to prevent Windows Update from installing driver updates using Group Policy"

Dave, w6de

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Reed
Sent: 20 July, 2019 14:24
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] Trouble from windows update

early this morning, Windows tried to install (but failed) 2019-07
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems
(KB4507435).

As a result, I have lost my virtual com ports...

in Device Manager, under USB controllers, they show as USB Serial
Converter (with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it),
and have the correct driver loaded, but somehow they are not working,
not findable in the config for DXLab Commander, and so I am at a loss
what to do /change / fix next...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV