Re: Trouble from windows update

g4wjs

On 20/07/2019 15:24, David Reed wrote:
early this morning, Windows tried to install (but failed) 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4507435).

As a result, I have lost my virtual com ports...

in Device Manager, under USB controllers, they show as USB Serial Converter (with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it), and have the correct driver loaded, but somehow they are not working, not findable in the config for DXLab Commander, and so I am at a loss what to do /change / fix next...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV
Hi Dave,

often deleting the offending device from Device Manager then restarting to get the drivers automatically reinstalled sorts things like this out.

Bill

G4WJS.