Re: Trouble from windows update

CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M

One tool is COM Name Arbiter Setter V0.9
you may need something different, but COM name arbiter generally fixes Windows update created problems on com ports.

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> on behalf of David Reed <w5sv.dave@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 9:24 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io>
Subject: [DXLab] Trouble from windows update

early this morning, Windows tried to install (but failed) 2019-07
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems
(KB4507435).

As a result, I have lost my virtual com ports...

in Device Manager, under USB controllers, they show as USB Serial
Converter (with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it),
and have the correct driver loaded, but somehow they are not working,
not findable in the config for DXLab Commander, and so I am at a loss
what to do /change / fix next...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV