Re: Using Multiple Flex Radios in Commander Setup

Al Groff

Harry,
?? One think I have noticed, it that for multi radio & flex, the commander MultiRadio setup screen still needs to have com ports specified for each radio even though they are not used..
AL, K0VM

On 7/17/2019 7:30 AM, Henry Boze wrote:
Yes, I can control each radio by itself when I select the Flex model and then fill in the radios serial??number in "Radio Selection" field under the "General" tab. Controlling one radio at a time works fine.

Henry, N4HB

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 9:49 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm just getting started with DXLab and am in the process of configuring "Commander" to communicate with my Flex 6600M and 6400 radios. I'm trying to create the ability to switch between the two using the "MultiRadio" tab in the "Commander" config section. I'm on an internal IP network, not using any CAT or Serial control ports. Under the "Control" section of the setup, I selected SDR-6600 as Radio #1, checked "Interrogate", gave it an "Interval" of 200 and gave it a "Name". Under "Radio #2, I selected SDR-6400 and repeated the above selections for it.?? When I went to check the "Enable" box, I was unable to do so. The boxes stayed unchecked. There is no option on the "Commander" main screen to select the different radios, which I assume if it were "Enabled" would be. I can only control the Flex 6600, which was selected on the "General" Tab under Radio Selection, which I filled in with the radios Serial Number and IP Address. Another DXLab user told me that I should have been able to check the "Enable" boxes in the Control window of the "MultiRadio" config, but I cannot. I also tried to fill in the "Select" windows of each radio, where it asks for each radios "Serial Number, IP Address and IP Port, but that did not work either. In reading the "Help" files concerning those particular tabs, it appears they don't have to be filled in using the radios that I am using, only the Flex 6300, 6500 and 6700 series of radios. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

+ Before attempting to configure Commander to control one of several Primary Transceivers using the Configuration window's MultiRadio tab, you should first configure the General tab of Commander's Configuration window to successively control each of your Primary Flex Transceivers; the only difference should be the Model selector setting and the "Serial Number" in the "Radio Selection" panel. Is Commander able to control each of your transceivers if you manually set these to the correct value?