Re: which chip set for replacement db9f between ts570s and computer USB port??

dk5dc

It‘s the familiy of FTDI 232 chips then. They make not that many provlems compared to other usb-to serial chipsets. There were a lot of reported problems with Prolific usb-to-serial adapters, specially whent it comes to multiples instances. Actually, I believe it is (still) the windows driver implementation of the prolific chipsets. In addition, there was an issue with counterfeir prolific chips built in in a lot of ‚serious’ usb-to-serial converters. The driver refused to work with those chips, which is understandable but nevertheless frustrating. Ironically, you’ll find those fake chips in brand names.....
Recently I saw a ‚CH340‘ chipset and driver together with china made arduino and esp8266 boards. They seem to work pretty well in Windows and *Tux environments.

Peter Glasmacher, DK5DC/AA6HM
ARRL VE & DXCC Field Checker
Editor CQDL Dxtra