Re: LOTW download inconsistencies

When checking for new QSLs on LOTW recently, I received the following popup text box on one particular QSL:

Resolve inconsistency between logged data and LotW data

Call: xxxxxx, Begin: xxxxxx 00:00:00, Band: Xm , Mode: xxx

logged CNTY: FL,St. Lucie LotW CNTY: FL,SAINT LUCIE

overwrite logged CNTY with Lotw CNTY?

YES NO

DXKeeper has "FL,St. Lucie" in its list of Counties, and LotW sends "FL,SAINT LUCIE".

So, what's the right answer to the text box? Is there a wrong answer? Does it even matter?

I've had this situation come up every so often, and I usually just change it to the lower case

version that DXKeeper is happy with, but today I thought I would ask the group.

+ The ADIF specification cites two authoritative sources of US County names:

<http://countyhunter.com/counties.htm>"

and

<http://www.itl.nist.gov/fipspubs/co-codes/states.txt>

+ Both specify

St. Lucie

+ as the name of the county in question. DXKeeper is not objecting to LoTW's use of upper case, it's objecting to the use of Saint
instead of St.

+ Since LoTW confirmations currently aren't valid for CQ's "Worked All US Counties Award"

<https://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cq_awards/cq_usa_ca_awards/cq_usa_ca_awards.html>

+ my advice is to retain the ADIF-compliant spelling in your logged QSO. If and when the ARRL and CQ get their act together on LoTW
support for USA-CA, perhaps that will prompt LoTW to uniformly adopt ADIF-compliant county spellings. Until then, they probably have
bigger fish to fry.