From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2019 7:11 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Workspace in DXLab

+ AA6YQ comments below

Hello.....I have migrated over to DXLabs about a year ago and realized only
now after seeing emails about doing backups etc that I
have never created a workspace within DXLab at all up to this point. I am
trying to read the help files but I wanted to ask
everyone what the benefits are to creating a workspace?

+ When your computer fails (and it will fail at some point), the backup copy
of your Workspace will eliminate the need for you to
configure each of your DXLab applications as you currently have them
configured. The time savings is typically measured in hours.

Can I still create a new workspace now?

+ Certainly.

I do have DXLabs creating an automatic backup file of my log when I close
out the program but is there a reason to save a copy of
the working log file as well at the same time, as I read some are doing?

+ When your computer fails, your log file may be corrupted. Making a backup
copy after every session -- on another network connected
computer, on a cloud-based storage service, or both (my recommendation) -
will prevent the loss of your logged QSOs.

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BackupRecovery>

---
https://www.avg.com