Re: Update: Commander and SmartSDR v3

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 11:34 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

The first problem encountered was that the current version of Commander does not correctly handle new items added in SmartSDR v3 to
the RX-TX interlock status message, causing Commander and the radio to disconnect. This is what prevented the TX-to-RX transition
from working correctly. For the record, the new interlock status items were added to v3 in an upward-compatible manner, so this
should be considered a defect in Commander.

Correcting this Commander defect has exposed unexpected behavior in SmartSDR v3, specifically the presence of clients and
panadaptors that Commander did not request be created. Flex engineers are working to track down the root cause of this behavior.

Reminder: the objective is to enable Commander to control a Flex Signature transceiver running SmartSDR v3, but without the use of
multiFlex.

The addition of multiFlex support will be considered after we achieve the first objective.

+ Flex engineers have corrected several defects in SmartSDR v3. Jamie WW3S and I are now testing a new version of Commander with a new version of SmartSDR v3.