Re: Win 10 ?????

Floyd Sense

A clean install is the best thing to do.
Nothing at all wrong with a clean install, but I wouldn't agree that it's the best thing to do.  My Win 10 system started out as a Win 7 system years ago and I've done nothing but upgrades to the system over that time.  I allow Windows to manage the updates and apply them as they come out.  My system is rather complex and in all that time I've had just a single problem and that was a short time ago when an update added the feature of restricting application access to sound cards.  Other than that, there have been zero problems.  I've run most of the common and a few uncommon radio applications with no glitches.  Could be I'm just incredibly lucky, but I think most radio folks are needlessly clinging to the past Windows versions.  It would be interesting to know exactly what the leftover trash is that people often mention.  I routinely manage what's installed on the system and remove any programs I don't want or need and clean the Registry every now and then.