Re: Commander and N1MM

Chris

Good info, Rich, thanks. That will be another layer in the operation.

Chris NØCC

On Apr 20, 2019, at 3:23 PM, ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:

If you are specifically interested in doing FT8 from WSJT-X with N1MM+ doing the logging (contest operation), I suggest you consult <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=WSJT-X+Decode+List&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation>, and in particular FAQ 5.1. This is probably not worth the bother for normal non-contest operation, but during a contest the duplicate and multiplier checking from N1MM+ is very worthwhile.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 02:43 PM, Chris wrote:
I'm sure I'm missing something either in DXLabs docs or in the 900 page N1MM manual.  Today I installed N1MM according to their instructions but when I tried to run N1MM with the DXLab Suite running, up popped the error message that "COM4 is in use by another program".  That's very true and obviously N1MM and Commander can't share.  So the question is, how does one get around this situation?  WSJT seems to handle it by allowing Commander to do the controlling but that option doesn't seem to be available in N1MM.  I have a suspicion that this is just the beginning of the challenge or running N1MM with DXLab.  I've got the Gateway installed but that seems to address a different operation.

Thanks for any daylight Dave or another user can shed to get me started down the path.

Chris NØCC