Re: Commander and N1MM

Chris

Dave,

Excuse me while I execute a classic dope slap. Ha. I was just assuming that since DXKeeper was doing the logging, I would be using the whole suite.  Back to the drawing board, enlightened.  Thanks a million.

Chris NØCC

On Apr 20, 2019, at 3:06 PM, Chris <clcarson@...> wrote:

Floyd,

That looks like a pretty clean method. What virtual port software are you using? I’m running Win10 on the station computer,

Chris NØCC

On Apr 20, 2019, at 2:59 PM, Floyd Sense <wj@...> wrote:

Hi Chris.  I run the two together with no problems.  I first set up a pair of virtual com ports to provide a path between N1MM and DXLab Commander.  In my case, the pair is COM14 and COM15.  COM14 is defined in N1MM Configure ports as a TS-480 with parameters 38400,N,8,1. Enable both HW and SW PTT is checked.  COM15 is then defined in Commander config as the Secondary CAT Port with same parameters.  Check the enable box.  Choose Kenwood as rig protocol.  Select "follow and lead primary". That path allows N1MM to access the frequency info from Commander.  One thing not supported that way: if you have a macro in N1MM to set the transceiver RIT to zero, that is not passed to Commander and will be lost.

73, Floyd - K8AC