Re: Win 10 ?????

Mike Rhodes

John,
  I could be wrong but I don't think the free upgrade to Win10 is available anymore. If not, I would suggest investing in new or reconditioned hardware (including Win10) rather than putting out over $100 for Win10 alone. You can get a reconditioned I5 or I7 based computer, again, with Win10, for a couple hundred dollars. Got my last one thru Walmart and couldn't be happier. I upgraded it to a SSD and maxed the RAM but wouldn't of had to do either.

Mike / W8DN

On 4/19/2019 5:15 PM, n4qwf . wrote:
Thanks for all the comments. Sounds like a clean install would be the way to go. I will still likely wait until I have no choice but move to Win 10. When Dave says he is still holding on to Win 7 that sure impresses me.

When I got the Flex Radio I set it up using a computer that was built especially for the system. It has always preformed excellently. It has handled PowerSDR, DXLab, WSJT-X, N1MM all running at the same time without issue. I do not use it for email and other internet chores even though it is connected to my in house network and the internet.

I guess for now I will follow the advise "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Thanks <<John N4QWF