Re: Smart SDR 3.0.1.9 loaded but WSJT-X stopped receiving

I simply offered up a suggestion, as he didn't specifically mention that he was having a problem with Commander, just that he was having a problem with WSJT-X and FT8, after updating to 3.0. The DX Labs reference seemed as more an after thought that anything.

+ The only way to control a Flex Signature radio via CAT is to set Commander's Radio Model selector to Kenwood. This is an unsupported configuration.

I had a similar problem, when my Maestro prompted the update to 3.0. It updated itself and the radio, but I had to manually download and install SmartSDR to update CAT and DAX, of which DAX is used for FT8 operation.

Having said that, I thought your message regarding problems with SmartSDR, was about using it via SmartLink, not that it didn't work at all. I am running v3.0 on my 6600+Maestro with Commander (13.9.0), but I also don't use Commander to the extent that some on this group do. So perhaps the problems with it are further in on some of the deeper features of Commander.

+ I have not installed SmartSDR v3. From what I see on the Flex v3 Alpha test email reflector and the Flex Forums, it does not yet appear stable. However, Eric KE5DTO of Flex states that until Commander is extended to support v3, it will be unable to switch the transceiver between RX and TX, and unable to mute a slice.