N7DC@...
Ex WN5QMX,WA5UKR,ET2US,ET3USA,SV0WPP,VS6DD,N7DC/YV5/G5CTB
QSL Bureau, DIRECT, LOTW Preferred, eQSL used but upload at a courtesy only, as do not use the system for awards.

On March 29, 2019 at 9:12 AM Bob Main <bobmain1@...> wrote:

May not be there if you have "Home Edition". I understood that the "Home Edition" forces you to install the updates, but the "Pro version" (whatever it was called) did allow you some freedom of delaying them by up to a week. But since I never installed either I don't know.

73, Bob KB4CL

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of KD7YZ Bob
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 6:55 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] OT? Windows 10 update knock out monitor speakers

On 3/28/2019 13:41, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

following a link in "Managing Hardware and Software Upgrades" :
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3085136/windows/two-ways-to-control-or-stop-windows-10-updates.html

which has me looking for:

--------------------------
Press Win-R, type gpedit.msc, press Enter. This brings up the Local
Group Policy Editor.
Navigate the left pane as if it were File Explorer to
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components >
Windows Update > Defer Updates. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----

I can't find any line mentioning "Defer" , and I am using Win-10 Pro
version 1809

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901