Re: Backup app for W10 (Re: [DXLab] Windows 10 Blackscreen

Norman Heyen

Is there an explanation about just how to setup DXLab to auto-save to Dropbox? That would be much better than me trying to remember to save settings manually.
Thanks!
Norman

On February 24, 2019 at 5:12 PM Buck <RadioK4ia@...> wrote:

DxLab can be configured to automatically back up to DropBox every time
you exit the program. A 5 Gig DropBox account is free and more than
ample to hold the DxLab data secure and offsite. If your computer is
stolen or lost in a fire, an in-house backup is gone.

k4ia, Buck
K3# 101
Honor Roll 8B DXCC
EasyWayHamBooks.com

On 2/23/2019 4:03 PM, Rick Boswell wrote:
Fear motivates us to sometimes take unreasonable precautions. I have
been at the PC game since acquiring a Mac in 1984. Went over to DOS and
Windows around 1990. To date I have never had an "incident" (hardware,
software bug, virus, etc) resulting in data loss and have never had to
resort to using a backup to recover. That said, I am persuaded to take
some precautions. I run Win 10 exclusively now on 10 different computers
and do back up the ones I consider "critical," but not all computers. I
use a two tiered approach. My serious backup software is Acronis True
Image: excellent reviews, flexible.  and never a problem. I also use the
Windows system image tool (found under the Backup & Restore section in
Control Panel). These are setup to automatically create a backup weekly
a few days apart. Nothing I do on a computer requires more than two
backups per week. Both of these can be scheduled to run as often as you
like. Given my experience, seems like overkill, but easy enough to do.

Rick
K8EZB