Re: Backup app for W10 (Re: [DXLab] Windows 10 Blackscreen

Rick Boswell

Fear motivates us to sometimes take unreasonable precautions. I have been at the PC game since acquiring a Mac in 1984. Went over to DOS and Windows around 1990. To date I have never had an "incident" (hardware, software bug, virus, etc) resulting in data loss and have never had to resort to using a backup to recover. That said, I am persuaded to take some precautions. I run Win 10 exclusively now on 10 different computers and do back up the ones I consider "critical," but not all computers. I use a two tiered approach. My serious backup software is Acronis True Image: excellent reviews, flexible.  and never a problem. I also use the Windows system image tool (found under the Backup & Restore section in Control Panel). These are setup to automatically create a backup weekly a few days apart. Nothing I do on a computer requires more than two backups per week. Both of these can be scheduled to run as often as you like. Given my experience, seems like overkill, but easy enough to do.

Rick
K8EZB