From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Friday, January 4, 2019 3:59 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Ci-V collisions in Commander

What Stan N1ZX reported is that Commander's CI-V light is illuminating, revealing the presence of collisions.

Stan did not say that Commander could no longer control his radio, so the debate about baud rates is not relevant to his report.

In the ~25 years that I have been developing Windows applications that control transceivers via serial ports, I have never once changed the baud rate via the Windows Device Properties tab. It is only necessary to change the baud rate in the transceiver, and in Commander.

Perhaps it's possible to develop a transceiver control application that depends on the Windows Device Properties tab being configured with the desired baud rate; if so, I would consider such an application to be defective.

From: g4wjs <bill.8@...>
Date: 1/4/19 13:34 (GMT-05:00)
To: DXLab@groups.io

On 04/01/2019 18:27, Michael Ernst wrote:
I believe that is not correct.
Mike,

your belief is incorrect. All that is required is the serial port parameters in the application must be compatible with those the device being controlled (e.g. a CAT controlled rig via a real or virtual serial port), including the baud rate. The default parameters set in the COM port device properties are not relevant as they are overridden by the application when it opens the port.

I have never had to change the device properties in any Windows version for a COM port, whatever baud rate or other COM port configurations parameter were required by a serial device connected to it.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill