Re: ARRL RTTY Roundup with FT8

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/01/2019 7:44 am, neil_zampella wrote:

Laurie,

are you sure?   During the FT8 Roundup last month, I used JT-Alert to log to DXK, but those data items were not recorded.    Maybe I need to have DXK setup in contest mode?

Neil

Yes, I'm sure. DXKeeper doesn't need to be in Contest mode.

If your tests were last month, than likely, you were using a version of JTAlert that didn't support logging of WSJT-X contest exchanges, as initially the WSJT-X rc releases didn't provide that data in the Logged QSO packet. JTAlert was extended to log the Contest exchanges only after they became available in the WSJT-X 2.0.0 GA release.

I suggest you try a test again with WSJT-X 2.0.0 GAl release and JTAlert 2.12.8 or higher (preferably the latest 2.12.10)

de Laurie VK3AMA