Re: [Conflict].mdb question

Robie

The Google Drive activity I reported earlier was due to setting in Google Drive setting - Backup & Sync.  I turned it off!

Robie - AJ4F

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 10:23 PM Robie via Groups.Io <ruler55=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
All,

I do not use GoogleDrive to store my log, only to store a backup file.

DXKeeper is configured:

Log File

C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\AJ4F01.mdb

Backup Folder

C:\Users\Robie\Google Drive\DX Lab Backup

The Backup Log on Shutdown box is  Checked

Anytime I Sync LOTW QSOs  or  Sync LOTW QSLs  I see activity in my Google Drive folder as well as when I backup my log.

Robie - AJ4F

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 9:00 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

A quick Google search comes up with this:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/drive/ShjK9RSTseg

Sounds like if the files are shared and one gets changed, then there is a conflict between the versions.

+ Using DropBox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive to enable more than one instance of DXKeeper to simultaneously access the same log file is expressly forbidden. If you do this, expect your log data to be corrupted.

 + Using one of these cloud services to allow "sequential" access to the same log file by different instances of DXKeeper is permitted: if an instance of DXKeeper running on computer A has log file P5DX.mdb (hosted on DropBox) open, then that instance must be terminated (or directed to close P5DX.mdb) before an instance of DXKeeper running on computer B can open log file P5DX.mdb (hosted on DropBox).