Re: SpotCollector and dxgrid obtained from VE7CC Cluster

Tim N3XX

Hi Dave,

The command I sent to VE7CC to provide grids for spotted stations was SET/GRID.

The host address I'm using is ve7cc.net and the port is 23.

I have previously enabled SpotCollector's "Lookup missing location info" option. Doing this gives me accurate grids for usap stations, so for those stations I get correct beamheadings and alerting for needed grids. However, for any non-usap stations, I think SpotCollector is using the DXCC database for lookups, and the grids found are frequently not accurate for the spotted station. This is causing alerting for needed grids to not be correct whenever the grid for the spotted station is not his actual grid. I find that normally the grids coming from VE7CC are correct, so that's why I'm trying to use them. If they could be recognized by SpotCollector and placed in the dxgrid field I think that would solve the problem.

Tnx & 73,
Tim - N3XX

On 2018-11-14 9:30 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
I have enabled the option on VE7CC Cluster to provide grids for spotted stations, and can see that SpotCollector is receiving the grids from VE7CC. The grids received are being placed in SpotCollector's notes field.
+ What command did you issue to VE7CC to cause it to provide grids for spotted stations?
+ What host address and port are you using to connect to VE7CC?
I have enabled the option in SpotCollector to "Capture location info from notes", but the grids received from VE7CC are never placed in SpotCollector's DXGrid field. Is there a way I can get SpotCollector to place the grids received from VE7CC in the SpotCollector's DXGrid field?
I think this is necessary if I want to receive alerts for needed grids and beamheadings for spotted stations.
+ Enabling SpotCollector's "Lookup missing location info" option will provide you with this information. If you do this, be sure you have an up-to-date USAP database in DXView (Configuration window, Databases tab).