Re: DXView, Database updates, DX lookups & Rotor control enable feature request

ART W2NRA

+ What do you have selected in the Model panel on the "Rotator Control" tab of DXView's Configuration window?

DXView ver 4.3.6

Model:
Green Heron
Hygain
MDS
Rotor-EZ

USB connection, Com2, 4800, 8, 1, None

Scomm version 9.1.12

The rotor is a 10 year old Ham IV

I don’t know how old the Green Heron is.  It is a model RT-21 ser #01052.

73, Art, W2NRA

On Nov 12, 2018, at 10:50 AM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Feature request: To enable rotor control from main DXView window.

When doing paperwork and not running the whole DXLab Suite I often open just DXView to do database updates, or Data lookups. I often forget to turn on my rotor. This disables rotor control. So I have to hunt down the enable box again.

+ What do you have selected in the Model panel on the "Rotator Control" tab of DXView's Configuration window?

Not a biggie. Just a minor annoyance.

+ From DXView's Main window, it takes 2 mouse clicks to reach the Configuration window's "Rotator Control" tab; that doesn't justify replicating a configuration option on DXView's Main window. But I would like to understand why starting DXView with your rotor powered down disables rotor control.