Re: DXView, Database updates, DX lookups & Rotor control enable feature request

I have the same thing occur. I use a Green Heron rotor control and if it is not powered up the USB port does not exist when DXView is started.

+ Oh, I see. I'll think about adding an "enable rotator control at startup if possible" option to deal with that.

+ Thanks, Paul!

On 11/12/2018 9:50 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Feature request: To enable rotor control from main DXView window.

When doing paperwork and not running the whole DXLab Suite I often open just DXView to do database updates, or Data lookups. I often forget to turn on my rotor. This disables rotor control. So I have to hunt down the enable box again.

+ What do you have selected in the Model panel on the "Rotator Control" tab of DXView's Configuration window?

Not a biggie. Just a minor annoyance.

+ From DXView's Main window, it takes 2 mouse clicks to reach the Configuration window's "Rotator Control" tab; that doesn't justify replicating a configuration option on DXView's Main window. But I would like to understand why starting DXView with your rotor powered down disables rotor control.

---
https://www.avg.com