Re: DXView, Database updates, DX lookups & Rotor control enable feature request

Paul W5PF

Dave,

I have the same thing occur. I use a Green Heron rotor control and if it is not powered up the USB port does not exist when DXView is started. As you say not hard to to go to config to re enable it.

73 and thanks,

Paul W5PF

On 11/12/2018 9:50 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Feature request: To enable rotor control from main DXView window.

When doing paperwork and not running the whole DXLab Suite I often open just DXView to do database updates, or Data lookups. I often forget to turn on my rotor. This disables rotor control. So I have to hunt down the enable box again.

+ What do you have selected in the Model panel on the "Rotator Control" tab of DXView's Configuration window?

Not a biggie. Just a minor annoyance.

+ From DXView's Main window, it takes 2 mouse clicks to reach the Configuration window's "Rotator Control" tab; that doesn't justify replicating a configuration option on DXView's Main window. But I would like to understand why starting DXView with your rotor powered down disables rotor control.