Re: Compacting spot databases

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/11/2018 10:13 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
but it does show that you have SpotCollector connected to 5 spot sources, one of which is dxc.w9pa.net -- a high volume CW skimmer. This high spot rate source, in combination with whatever is causing your Spot Database to consume 4X the usual amount of space, may be beyond your computer's ability to keep up -  especially with SpotCollector configured to generate a propagation forecast for every active station.

As an experiment, I suggest that you disable dxc.w9pa.net as a spot source, make sure SpotCollector's "Log debugging info" option is disabled, restart SpotCollector, and monitor its behavior over the next day or two. Please report your observations.
Also worth checking is if JTAlert is configured to generate local SC spots of WSJT-X activity. The spot rate is likely very high especially if WSJT-X is monitoring high-use bands like 20m & 40m. I saw mention of SDR software in one of the other messages. If running multiple instances of WSJT-X & JTAlert across multiple bands simultaneously that will further increase the local spot volume.

de Laurie VK3AMA