Re: VP6D Bearing and Distance

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/10/2018 1:52 PM, Mark Robinson wrote:
My first QSO was 40m cw and that grid square is blank.  All the QSo's after that had a blank grid square until my first FT8 QSO when the DM42mk grid square was first populated.. So it looks like JTAlert populated DM42mk.

After several days a 30m FT8 QSO populated CG75.

73 Mark N1UK
That is to be expected, if your log contained VP6D QSOs without a Grid, and no grid was received from WSJT-X, JTAlert would have used the only source for the grid, the XML lookup.

There was no need to wait several days for an FT8 QSO with the correct grid, all you needed to do was correct the most recent (preferably all) QSO in your log with the correct Grid and JTAlert would have picked it up and used it even if there was no WSJT-X supplied grid.

de Laurie VK3AMA