Re: Commander and IC-7610 ports changing

George KF7NN

thats normal operation, the system was talking to the com port and you killed it by turning off the power ,so the system is stuck and dont know where the port went. when you re attached the port it is not the instance that the PC was originally talking to but another and you need to reset the driver to go fetch the correct instance of the port. I assume the port gets its own free block of memory address each time it is attached.

I am no expert but thats my opinion.

On 8/26/2018 10:10 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
When connected to my PC (running Windows 7) via USB, my IC-7300 creates COM6; this appears in the Windows Device Manager's Ports section as "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge".

If I turn off the IC-7300 via its front panel Power button, the entry for COM6 remains present in the Windows Device Manager's Ports section. If I turn on the IC-7300 via its front panel Power button, Commander immediately tracks and controls the IC-7300.

If I turn off the IC-7300 via its front panel Power button, and then turn off the DC power supply connected to the IC-7300, the entry for COM6 is removed from the Windows Device Manager's Ports section. If I turn on the DC power supply connected to the IC-7300, the entry for COM6 re-appears in the Windows Device Manager's Ports section. If I then turn on the IC-7300 via its front panel Power button, Commander cannot control or track the radio; however, if I click the Reset button in the Radio tab on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, Commander regains the ability to control and track the radio.