Re: <stop> macro ??

neil_zampella

FWIW ... I'd just use the signalink as a sound card, and use the KXUSB cable to provide CAT control if possible.   I have no problems when just using a simple external USB sound card, the audio cables that came in the KX3-PCKT, and the KXUSB cable.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 8/27/2018 5:35 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Dave - thanks. That does solve the problem with WinWabler. And not to belabor the point, But I guess what I don't understand with regard to the Elecraft transceivers getting confused. Is why does the KX3 work fine using WSJT_X program and FLDIGI in terms of going to Tx and Rx, and the <start> cmd in WinWabler works fine. So why is only one macro cmd in WW that the PTT isn't working and we have to make the change to suppress the CAT.

+ The difference in behavior among applications is likely the result of differences in timing between CAT instructions being issued and your Signalink's VOX responding to soundcard output. This is unquestionably a defect in the KX3, one that I suspect several Elecraft owners reported years ago when it was first encountered in the K3. The workaround is easy enough; in my opinion, however, holes should be filled the instant they are discovered, lest more users fall into them.

+ As a KX3 and K3 owner, perhaps you can persuade Elecraft to correct this defect.

-----
No virus found in this message.