Re: Problems with WinWarbler and WIN10

Gilbert Baron W0MN

Sorry to hear you have that problem. I am running 1803 and you should be running it too as it is the latest version. It will soon become 1809 I think. I have had no system problems with 1803,

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Wolf E. Rose
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 12:09
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] Problems with WinWarbler and WIN10

I recently had a major PC-crash (hardware failure) and stupid me I killed my harddisc (softwarewise) as well. The only data which were rescued is my actual log and a very outdated DXLab folder from several years ago on an old HD. It took me quite a while to get my trusty and now repaired macmini working again. WIN10pro version 1803 systembuild 17134.228 is now installed on a separate bootcamp partition and doing it's job.
Installation of the DXLab suite from scratch worked as it should and nearly everything is fine now. Only WinWarbler behaves strange:
<1> When starting WW from launcher or standalone it does not find scripts (I created special rtty and cw scripts). Instead there is a message: 'File specified in LoadMacrobank macro command does not exist: C:\DXLab\WinWarbler\scripts\rtty_dx_hunt'. There is a folder named 'Scripts' from the installation process with the standard macros in it. I copied my macros into it. This folder is named Scripts (1. letter typed in uppercase). I tried to rename it into 'scripts' as written in the error message. That didn't change anything.
<2> As soon as I switch mode from WinWarbler for instance from rtty to cw, the rig (K3) follows as it should. As soon as try to switch back cw to rtty WinWarbler looses the waterfall and I have to close and open it again to get it back. Very strange.
This behavior didn't happen before with my old configuration, which was exactly the same like the actual instead having an older WIN10 version (1706 as far as I remember) instead of the now installed version 1803. Before the PC-crash everything was fine and worked smooth.
I'd rather like to step back in the WIN10 version but don't know how to do. Remember I do not have any step-back-possibility in WIN, because I killed my HD completely (see above).
Any help is very much appreciated!
73 Wolf * DK1IP * DQ1P

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W