Re: Com ports

WA8Y Steven

Turn on the radio before your PC.

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018, 11:53 AM dvpoplewski <dpopski@...> wrote:
I tried the IC7610 group with no response, so I thought I would try this group.
Here is the problem. Since Icom uses it's own driver for the IC7610 com ports, I've downloaded and installed that driver. I need to select the radio's com port number and place it with in the configuration window for DX Commander to communicate with the radio. Looking at my windows device manager I see the ports are numbered 12 and 13. I select 12, and the radio and commander are happy. The next day I turn the radio on and the port numbers are now 14 and 15. If I select 14, the radio and commander are happy again. The next time I turn on the radio, the ports are again changed back to 12 and 13 again. The operating system on the computer is Windows 07.
So every time I turn the radio on the com port numbers change. Anyone have any idea what causes this and how to prevent it.

David KC8IV