Re: How to turn OFF DXView Update notifications for select databases. eQSL. DXView Database Updates

John Bastin K8AJS

On 16Aug 2018, at 08:51, Mark W2OR via Groups.Io <reston2010mm-orders@...> wrote:

Question: How can a DXView user turn off the "new DB" database update notification that apply to just the eQSL updates?

Background: I do not use the eQSL system. When DXView announces the availability of new databases, using the very helpful red letter notification alerts, I then update all databases that have an update, including eQSL. It's great to get the updates in place and active, because the databases that are used are so very, very helpful. Thank you. For over ten years I've updated every database available, even though I never use eQSL databases. If one opts not to update a database, such as eQSL, the red letter notification alert stays active, seemingly forever. It'd be good to have an option to deactivate the alerts just for those databases that are not used. Yes, I looked on the web for a way to do that, and looked in the instructions for such an option, but my search skills are apparently not as good as they used to be. Thanks for your help with this. /Mark
This was in the distant past, but I remember at one time if you wanted to not have certain database notifications, the method was to delete the database in question.

In this case, if you don’t want any notifications for eQSL, you can just go to DXLab -> DXView -> Databases and delete eQSLAG.mdb. It shouldn’t try to update a database that isn’t there.

Dave can comment on this, whether this method still works and doesn’t damage anything.

Hope this helps.

73,

John K8AJS
jbastin1@...