Re: DXView and FT8

I will never become an FT8 addict although I managed to work a few new ones on 6m and 160m using that mode.

However, FT8 now outnumbers all other modes in terms of QSO numbers and dedicated FT8 awards are being created.
I wonder if its time to show FT8 as a separate mode in DXview's Progress-Table.
PSK, which was the new kid on the block some 20 years ago, has dropped below RTTY in popularity. I understand that PSK is hardcoded in DXView but maybe it can still be considered to be replaced by FT8.

+ Extending DXKeeper and DXView to enable the user to replace PSK with any mode of his or her choosing for realtime award tracking is "on the list", but not imminent.

While I am at it I would like to bring up again my plea for incorporating 60m in DXView's progress table. Although that band will probably never count for DXCC, it is very popular with DX-ers.
According to Clublog there are about 40 Clublog users, who have earned (pseudo)DXCC, 250 with >50 entities on 60m and more than 1000 with >10 entities. More than 2500 Clublog users are active on 60m. With only a few thousand serious DX-ers around those numbers look significant

+ Back in 2013, Michael G7VJR's analysis of the Club Log database showed a minimum of 150K active DXers. 2500 Club Log users active on 60m represents less than 2% of that number; this does not qualify as "very popular". See

<https://g7vjr.org/2013/04/how-many-dxers-are-there-in-the-world/>

+ There's a reason that the ARRL doesn't offer DXCC awards on 60m: the band has exactly 5 segments, each only 2.8 kHz in width. The ARRL does not want to encourage DXing on such a small band; neither do I.