Re: POTA designators shown in spotcollector

W0MU

and after a certain number KFF numbers vary from the WWFF vary from K-1234 numbers.  IE after four thousand something there will difference between the two programs.

Credit for both programs is given by the activators uploading their logs to each individual database.

W0MU

On 8/6/2018 7:40 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
* AA6YQ comments below

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:
# more AA6YQ comments below

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 3:36 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 02:50 PM, Thomas Kramer wrote:

Is there a way I can add a column to spotcollector that will show the
POTA refernce number from a spot, i.e. K-xxxx or KFF-xxx?

That missing data is one reason I haven't used spotcollector very
much. But it would certainly aid in logging.

What's a POTA designator?
Google sez: https://parksontheair.com/

# I don't see a description the reference number format and meaning, or a specification of what ADIF field is to be used for award submissions.
I haven't found a description either, but the format appears to be "<DXCC_Prefix>-<4-digit-number>", where <DXCC_Prefix> is "K" or "VE".

* Thanks, but we need a bit more rigor than "appears to be".

* We're going to need some form of standardization for placing award designators in spot notes; otherwise, there will be collisions..

#DXLab's support for NPOTA remains in place, but I can't tell whether or not that's helpful.

< https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/NPOTAAwardTracking>
Doesn't appear so (unless you modify it)....

* I don't like retracting functionality; you never know who might be using it.