Re: request to DXers who use a radio with more than 2 VFOs

Al Groff

(6600)
I usually run ft8 with WSJT-X on slices C & D ( controlled by WSJT-X ) and use slices A and B ready to take CW & SSB spots from spot collector and monitor the bands.  Most antennas are broad enough on RCV to still be effective on adjacent bands..

AL, K0VM

On 7/3/2018 12:50 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
To rectify a possible blind spot in my understanding of how radios with more than 2 VFOs can be effectively used in pursuit of DX,
I'd appreciate hearing from users of radios like the Flex 6400, 6500, 6600, or 6700 that provide more than 2 VFOs. Please describe
one or more scenarios that illustrate the techniques you use. Thanks!

Notes:

1. I'm aware of the opportunity to dedicate a VFO to monitoring NCDXF propagation beacons under PropView's control; this is on
PropView's enhancement list.

2. Contesting scenarios are out-of-bounds