Re: Duplicates when importing WSJT-X log file ADI

Al Groff

Dave,
   I am beginning to believe that there is specific scenerio that allows duplicates to be imported even though 'Duplicate checking..' is enabled.. But I have not yet figured it out..  It seems like 'duplicate checking' works if I create a back up first. Duplicate checking seem more likely to fail if I do not backup first..  OR I could be that it is more likely to succeed if I toggle the check duplicate option first.

I'll let you know if I get another clue..

AL, K0VM

On 6/10/2018 4:24 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

I will be glad to see how this works out.
I have most of a year of activity in the wsjt-x adi file that I want to import to DXkeeper ---  because it is from DXkeeper that I upload to LoTW.  DXkeeper is where I keep my log, and I would naturally do another back-up first.

I have been concerned that everytime I would try in the future, I would get the whole file in again and end up with hundreds of duplicates that I would have to sort out manually.

+ Tom sent me his log file and the WSJT-generated ADIF file he imported. When I imported that file into his log with duplicate checking enabled, no duplicates were imported. Tom said he'd try to replicate the failure.

+ If you're concerned, simply make a copy of your log file before you import the file. If the import goes badly, terminate DXKeeper, delete your log file, and rename the log file copy to be your log file; then post a message here explaining what went wrong.