Re: SpotCollector recomputes

Al Groff

The recompute can take a long time if the spots data base has not been trimmed or purged regularly.

( Mine had grown to 250mb).

AL, K0VM

On 5/31/2018 2:33 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 12:10 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I operate WSJT-X standalone when I m operating in FT8. WSJT-X creates an ADIF log of my contacts which I later import into DXKeeper at a convenient time.

When I do this, SpotCollector immediately initiates a  Recompute  which prevents me from doing much in DXLab until it s finished.

I also operate contests outside of DXLab using N1MM+ and later import those ADIF logs into DXKeeper. This does *not* prompt a recompute in SpotCollector.

What s the explanation for this? I know I could uncheck  Enable automatic updates  in SpotCollector, but I really don t want to do that if there is another solution. AND I m unlikely to remember to uncheck that box before an FT8 ADIF import and then re-check it when I m done.

Any suggestions?

+ So I can see what's going on, please do the following the next time you're about to import an ADIF file created by WSJT-X:

I regularly export new QSOs from my remote station log and import them
to my "master" log on my home workstation. SpotCollector always
recomputes afterwards. I understood that that was intentional - it
needs to update existing spot database entries' "neededness" based on
the new QSOs in the log ... ?

73,

    ~iain / N6ML